Monday, November 7, 2011

6/98 Can I Get a Belt for My Sweats?

It was a solid 37 degrees at 7:30 this morning. Nothing like some frost on the ground to fill you with the motivation to run! So much frost....

That white stuff? All frost... 
Not that I am complaining - because I had a new running buddy join me for this morning's adventures! Meet Amanda: She might not be as cute as Mya... and she certainly isn't as hairy.... But she doesn't try to chase small children or herd me when she gets tired. And it helps that she isn't banned from the track. She's a keeper in my book!

Really not sure why my face
looks so awkward...
I'm actually very proud of Amanda for accompanying me this morning and grateful for her company. Much like myself, she is also on a personal journey. She is going to quit smoking, up the veggie intake, and start that whole exercise thing. And with each little change, she is reducing her risk! I've been harassing her to join me at Zumba for weeks but to no avail. I'm not sure why she changed her mind, but I'm thrilled she did!

Because let's face it: that first step is the hardest. I'm pretty sure I got in my car and cried after my first Zumba class. Convinced I'd never be active again. Now I can run 4+ miles! I can't wait to have Amanda by my side when I hit 5, 8, 10, and then the big 13.1! And I know she will be because she didn't get in the car and cry after our excursion. :-)

Oh wait, maybe that's because she was busy laughing at me. Because I spent the last 10 mins of my run trying to keep my pants up! I wish I was kidding. I actually ran around the track like this:

"Please don't fall... its cold and the middle school kids would be scared."
At least that's not awkward.... Right? Ha! If you feel bad for me... you should probably choose this time to make a sympathy donation.

This pair of pants has made their last appearance on the Half Marathon journey. They've been demoted to weekend lounge pants. Because Mya and I both can't be banned from the track... 

Tomorrow is an off day. I'll see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment