Monday, February 13, 2012

74/98 - This is a Fundraiser After All...

So some people... besides my mom... actually read my blog! Holla!! So exciting!! And thank you. It feels like a  pat on the back and gives me the warm fuzzies. Thank you. :-D

But here is the deal. This is more than a blog:

1. This is about me taking control of my health and meeting a personal challenge to myself. I would love for this to inspire you to do the same. To run your own Half Marathon or even a 5k. To give up soda. To find out your BMI and improve it. To reduce your cancer risk. To make a commitment to yourself and follow through. It's satisfaction like you've never imagined. And I will help you - any way I can.  You have my word.

2. This is about supporting the American Cancer Society and fighting back against cancer. I've committed to raising at least $1,000 for the American Cancer Society - I'd like to raise $1,200. Because the ACS funds new and innovative cancer research that has resulted in 46 ACS funded Nobel Laureates and a footprint in every major cancer break through. Because the ACS provides free transportation to and from treatment for cancer patients. Because I know that my $1,200 will help save more lives like Oma's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is a fundraiser. And I need your help. I need your support. Skip Starbucks this week.... donate the $5 you would have spent on coffee to my fundraising efforts. Please? Do you really need the calories anyway?

Here's is how I can sweeten the deal...

$100 Donation: I will dedicate a mile of my race to the person of your choosing. I will adorn my race shirt with their name and mile as well as post about it on my blog.

$25 Donation: I will wear a ribbon on my race shirt in honor or in memory of someone you know who has fought cancer.

$10 Donation: You can pick any song you'd like and I will put it on my play list for race day. Here is your chance to force me to listen to that Metallica song you love or the Bach concerto that changed your life!

$5 Donation: I will mail you an autographed photo of moi! To hang in your office or place under your pillow while you sleep. Because I know how fond you are of me...

So what do you say... ready to donate?

No comments:

Post a Comment