Monday, January 30, 2012

66/98 Hello Road, I've Missed You!

So I woke up this morning sick. Awesome! Actually, if I'm being honest... I felt it coming on this weekend and choose to ignore it staying up until 3 and 5 in the respective mornings. So despite retiring early last night my fatigue announced itself this morning with the grand gesture of ignoring my alarm and making me late to work. By the time I returned from work just short of 7:00 this evening... all I could think about was crawling into bed. But, if you remember correctly... today is also the first day I've been able to run in a week.

Fuck you sore throat and running nose! You will not keep me down! My body might be tired but... I'm doing this! So I strap on my new shoes, grab a flashlight, blow my nose, and hit the pavement with Mya in toe. It was... GLORIOUS!!!

You know that last bite of sundae that's slightly melted with the perfect proportion of fudge smothered all over it? This was better.

You know the satisfaction of a hot bath after a long day at work? This was better.

You know that nice romp after a dry spell in the bedroom? This was better.

Because a good run doesn't make you fat, make your pruney, and its lasts as long as you'd like it to at your preferred tempo. There is nothing better. It really was glorious. And my head? I wish you could hear my brain sigh in relief as the stress vanished into the dark night.

I would not have traded that 20 mins for anything! I even ran up my mountain! If you've been to my house in Roanoke... you should know that is no easy feat. Walking up this beast is enough to wind most! And I climbed it like a champ.

Ok so I'm still sick... and beyond exhausted. And the foot is still slightly swollen after an icing. But I'm confident I can run again tomorrow... still taking it easy. And for now, there is a hot bath, clean sheets, and an early bedtime in my immediate future. I am looking forward to all three!

Nite, nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment